Enrolling/Transferring - ACT Public Schools
Parents/carers are welcome to enrol/transfer their son or daughter at any time during the school year using an online application form. Full details are available from the Education website.
- Open Night is in mid-May each year and includes program information and tours. All prospective students and their parents are encouraged to attend.
- Orientation visits for students at our cluster primary schools and from out of area, usually occur in the week following the Open Night.
Our priority enrolment area (PEA)
Our priority enrolment area covers Curtin, Deakin (part of Deakin has a shared PEA with Telopea Park), Garran, Hughes, Lyons, Yarralumla. Part of Phillip (north of Hindmarsh Dr).
Out of area enrolment applications
Consideration is made for students living outside our Priority Enrolment Area who are interested in enrolling in our school. Criteria for enrolment at ADHS are:
1. Priority applications:
- Children who live in the school's Priority Enrolment Area (PEA) and/or ACT resident siblings of students concurrently enrolled at the school
- Children who live in a Shared Enrolment Zone
- Student well-being: where special enrolment/transfer consideration is requested, supporting documentation from a registered psychologist or medical specialist may be required.
2. Enrolment/transfer considerations
- Enrolment consideration may apply to schools that offer specialised programs/pathways or specific subject choices.
3. Other ACT residents.
4. NSW residents.
Further specific information can be found here: How enrolment/transfer applications are decided and in the ADHS School Enrolment management Plan
Voluntary Financial Contributions
The annual Family Contribution paid by parents each year is essential to running the school as Directorate funds alone are not sufficient to cover all costs. This modest contribution allows the continued delivery of quality programs with quality resources. The requested contribution for 2014 is $100 per child plus contributions for each subject studied.
- Subject contributions are in addition to the annual voluntary contribution. Families are requested to pay the contributions for each subject their child studies. These monies are spent on consumable items. Family Transaction Statements are posted home early each semester, showing the contributions for each student's subjects. These contributions are voluntary and any parent suffering financial hardship should contact the Principal. ADHS programs depend on these contributions for resourcing so all parents are encouraged to contribute to the fullest possible extent.
- Tax Deductible Library (e-Hub) Fund Donations. A major project for the next few years will be the progressive enhancement of e-Hub, to provide better reference material and IT equipment access for students. Any gift you may be able to make will be a great help in achieving this. Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible, and separate receipts will be issued for this purpose.
- Text Book Hire (Voluntary) – parents are requested to pay a once only Text Book Hire of $60.00. This hire covers the use of all library books and classroom texts for the length of time a student is at ADHS.