The Alfred Deakin High School community embraces the diversity of its students and celebrates the advantages that this diversity brings to the school. Our school values of excellence, respect, responsibility, and community are mirrored in our learning programs, our policies and in the overall culture of the school.
Alfred Deakin High School:
- places high value on building relationships with students as a basis for creating a positive learning environment;
- enriches student lives through innovative education, a pursuit of excellence in learning, and the celebration of personal success;
- encourages teachers to try new ideas and approaches/putting curiosity, imagination and creativity at the heart of learning; and
- considers the purpose of teaching and learning as pursuing the happiness of learning and cultivating the development of the whole child.
- Our school promotes the development of individuals through a broad range of flexible and dynamic learning experiences.