Alfred Deakin High School Board
Position vacant: Parent Member (1)
Staff Member (1)
Student Member (1)
Student Member Casual Vacancy – one year (1)
The above School Board positions will be open for nomination for a 2 year term 1 April 2018 – 31 March 2020.
The Student Member Casual Vacancy is for the remainder of an existing term, and as such is for 1 year from 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019.
Nominations open 11am Monday 5 February 2018
Nominations close 11am Monday 19 February 2018
Nominations must be submitted between these dates.
Nomination forms can be obtained by clicking the following link:
Nomination Form - General School Board Elections
Voting if required will take place from 11am 26 February 2018 – 11am 5 March 2018
Further information if required can be obtained from the ADHS Assistant Returning Officer: Samantha.Crutchley@ed.act.edu.au
Duties of the Board
- Establish strategic direction of the school
- Monitor and review school performance
- Develop, maintain and review school curriculum
- Develop and review policies
- Approve the school budgetIf you would like to nominate please provide Samantha with a small expose about yourself (max 150 words) that will be circulated prior to voting. Should you have any queries please contact Samantha for help.Meeting – first Tuesday of each month at 7.30 am
The A.C.T. Department of Education delegates important responsibilities to School Boards, giving them the power to approve:
- school programs
- allocation of school funds
- curriculum policies and proceduresAs well, our Board fosters school and community relationships and determines School needs taking into account parental, student, and teacher needs and interests.Visitors are welcome and should arrange an invitation with the Principal or Board Chair. Staff are invited to attend all Board Meetings.
Andrew Bealing (Chair) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Twyman - 0414 278 663
Karen Binnekamp - 0402 321 104